I decided that in the new year of 2014,I would really like to get back to blogging. As an avid Xanga user for so many years, I loved having a platform to share my thoughts with the world. However, just the other I was finally feeling the hole that Xanga left when it switched to premium only in August. So here I am looking for a new public format to share insight into this crazy, beautiful thing called life.. I will begin by reflecting on the lessons learned of 2013 that will jumpstart this new year of 2014.
2013 will be a forever etched in my mind: the highs, the lows, the successes, the failures, the changes, but ultimately the lessons learned!
The year started with me at the Passion Conference in Atlanta, GA. Four days with 60,000 college students on fire for Jesus. In those four days, I had the opportunity to bond more deeply with friends I had when beginning the trip and find six new friends from around the country.
2013 saw my student teaching highs and lows and finally success as I graduated in May. More success came as I received my official teaching certification and a full time position teaching preschool by July.
2013, however, also saw two relationships fail. Each for different reasons, but both equally heartbreaking. Both damaging friendships and leaving me searching for God’s will and lessons learned. Both left me seeing only bitter failure, but then picking up the pieces and pressing on.
I want 2013 to be all about the most important lessons I have ever learned in my life.
1. God will do immeasurably more
2. There are people struggling with the same things all around us.
3. Criticism is only negative if you don’t apply it and make positive changes.
4. The best thing you can give someone is your time.
5. Single does not mean alone. You are surrounded by people that love you.
6. Don’t assume big difference can and/or will be worked out later.
7. Live without excuse and love without regrets.
8. Failure is an opportunity for new success.
9. A leap of faith is always the best choice even if you crash.
10. Seek God in the lightest of time, so that you will have a better understanding of His presence in the darkest.
2013 is definitely a year to remember…